Doctors offer the following tips to parents for…
…keeping kids healthy:
- Make sure that your kids wash their hands. This is the single most effective method for disease prevention. Hands should be scrubbed for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Don’t allow your children to share utensils. Although learning to share is important, this shouldn’t apply to cups, glasses or eating utensils.
- Make sure your children get enough sleep. Sleep deprivation stresses the immune system. Most children need at least eight hours of sleep per night.
- Allow for a full recovery. Do not send your kids to school when they are sick.
- Keep your children up-to-date on vaccines. New vaccines guard against an array of dangerous illnesses, including meningitis.
- Get a Coverplay slip cover for your child’s play yard. Not only does this protect your child from viruses and bacteria it also prevents your child from spreading it as well! Coverplay slip covers are the ideal solution for a clean environment for your child at all time!